Saturday, September 12, 2015

First day of art! 2015-16 school year. Keith Haring Collaborative Mural!

I am back in the classroom at Keller Elementary in Green Bay after taking a year off to be home with my three little ones. I am blessed beyond belief to be able to work only two days a week and have the rest off to be home with my kids! This year I am back at a school I taught at three years ago for three years! I only know a few students that I taught in first grade and are now in fifth grade! It almost made me teary eyed as they came down the hallway towards the art room. They looked just as I remembered them, only taller! I wanted to dive right in and make some collaborative art to hang in the empty halls. With the older grades, third, fourth and fifth we studied the life and work of the American graffiti artist Keith Haring through power point. Students then worked collaboratively to draw and paint on a large paper in the style of Haring. The students loved painting on the first day of school! I'm so excited to be teaching again this year. I have a feeling this is going to be the best year yet!

11 comments:

  1. Welcome back! These pieces are stunning on screen, I can just imagine they are even better in person! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


      Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

      aR...

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these - nice colors, background patterns and movement :)

    http://tatjanaknudsen.blogspot.dk/2015/02/jumping-jacks-eller-pa-dansk-sprllemnd.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work
    Hbse result

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You for the blog post. Excellent article post. Thanks Again. Fantastic I liked your blog. Will study on ...
    CBSE 10th Result 2018

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, great to see your website. I like the content and the research done behind every aspect of your blog. It looks great and very knowledgeable. Keep it up the good work.walgreens coupons codes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing this amazing post. This is very informative and quality content Visit schools

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


    Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

    xg.

    ReplyDelete