Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Coil Pots

This was my first time doing coil pots and I was surprised by how great they turned out! Fourth graders had two art classes to build their pot and one day to glaze. Some students got their pots really tall! I didn’t know if I should have them score every time they attached a new row. I thought this would take forever and there would be too many score marks that didn’t get covered. But I was worried the pots would break if they didn’t score. So they did score each row, I didn’t have one break and for the most part, you can’t see score marks. Very successful project! I had some fun new glazes for them to try too!

No comments:

Post a Comment