Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mod Podge Collage Boxes







Another end of the year lesson to keeps 5th graders interested and working for the entire art class! This lesson takes 3-4 60 minute art classes. These boxes were donated to me from a local trophy making company. The boxes were used to ship trophies to the company and then they don’t need them any more. The inside of the boxes are lined with black velvet! They are beautiful! I have the kids spend time cutting out images they like from magazines. They can even bring in pictures from home or stickers. Then they Mod Podge the magazine pictures on their boxes! They truly love making these, some have even said, “this is the best project we have ever done!” Some decorate their boxes with animal pictures or flowers. And yes, that is a Twilight box and a Justin Beiber box you see as well! :)


3 comments:

  1. These are so cute! Great project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and am enjoying looking through all your photos of the kids' artworks. Art is my favorite thing! I am enjoying in particular the boxes with graphics, among many many!!!others. the papier-mache work is delightful!

    I would like to invite your readers to visit my new blog: http://maryannfkohl.typepad.com/blog/
    and my website: http://www.brightring.com
    I share lots of art ideas from all of the 25 books I have written, including “Discovering Great Artists” and “Great American Artists for Kids”.

    Thank you again for bringing art to children.

    Yours truly, MaryAnn F. Kohl
    art author

    ReplyDelete