Thursday, October 24, 2013

3-D Haunted houses

Each year the fourth graders study electricity in their classrooms. This year the classroom teachers asked if I would make 3-D haunted houses in art class. I said sure even though I had never done these before and usually don’t do “halloweenish” type art projects. The kids LOVED it! And so did I! I think I will do this lesson every year because it was so much fun. The kids got SO into adding details to their houses. I tied in architecture and Frank Lloyd Wright into the lesson. The students had to show 3 different architectural styles that we studied (like post and lintel, round arch, cantilever…) They used tag board for the house and foam core for the base. The rest was created with junk! For the final test in their electricity unit, the kids had to light up their houses!

1 comment: